Tuesday 26 September 2017

Wearable Arts 2k17


For Wearable Arts this year I worked around colour.
 The theme for this year was festivals around the world and
we chose the Holi festival because it stands out from others. 
 Holi is a Hindu spring festival celebrated in India and Nepal,
also known as the "festival of colour". This celebration was first
done in 1933Our custom is made out of horse ribbons for the  
headpiece, tie dye curtain fabric for the saree  with a wonderful coloured 
arm peice. all put together to be  amazing the hardest part was tye dyeing,
it was a drama. It took so long to dye and set but the finished product is 
fabulous. I made the saree well but I would put more effort in
to my book work and my saree. I didn't think though that my flowers 
will come off when I walk so I had to take them off.





1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mel,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced "Emily") and I am a blogger at the Summer Learning Journey. This is a beautiful costune you have made! I like that you have added a train to the end of your saree so that the flowers drag along the floor as you walk. Did you make the saree by yourslef or were you in a group?

    I know it's a bit tricky to start, but if you wanted to continue blogging over the summer holidays remember to head over to the activities page on the Summer Learning Journey website. You can do these activities in any order. Be sure to remember to post your answers onto your blog.

    Summer Learning Journey activities link:
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one

    I hope to be blogging with you this summer!

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Small Spaces by Sarah Epstein

Today I read Small Spaces by Sarah Epstein, i am not sure if the title of the book fits the story but i look forward to finding out. I like...